Karen was born on a spring Saturday afternoon at 2:35 p.m. Watson picked her name which means "pure" because he felt pure joy in seeing his daughter.
Karen describes her & Andrew as "two-two" (that she got a book called "Jacob Two-Two Meets the Hooded Fang") because they split their time between the "little house" (which is their mom's house) and the "big house" (which is their dad's house).
Karen and Andrew tend to have two of most things since they spend a lot of time at each of their parents' house.
In the book "Little Miss Stoneybrook...and Dawn", Kristy helps Karen enter the Little Miss Stoneybrook pageant. The pageant is for girls ages 5 to 8. In the pageant Karen wears the dress that she wore in her father and stepmother's wedding. For her talent, she sings "The Wheels on the Bus", but she added so many extra, made up verses to the song that the judges felt she took too much time and they began looking at their watches to see how long she was taking. For the interview part, Karen was asked "If your house was on fire and you could only rescue three things, what would they be, and why?" Karen had practiced the questions with Kristy and knew what she was supposed to say (nice answers like saying she would rescue her family), but instead she said she would rescue her toys and her blanket. Karen did not win anything in the beauty pageant and she was sad and cried. The girl who got 3rd place was a ballerina named Lisa Sherman. The girl who got 2nd place was a tap dancer named Myriah Perkins and she is a girl that Kristy and her friends have babysat for, and Kristy's friend Mary Anne was helping her enter the pageant. The girl who got 1st place (winning the title of Little Miss Stoneybrook and a crown and a bunch of roses and a parade) was a girl named Sabrina Bouvier who had worn a long black dress and sang the song Moon River for her talent and said she wanted world peace for her interview question.
When she began kindergarten, she was put in the first grade during Christmas. After spending a week in first grade, Karen's teachers decided to move her to the second grade.
- Karen takes her spelling seriously and is protective of her little brother.
- She believes her neighbor Mrs. Porter (or Morbidda Destiny) is a witch.
- She thinks that the attic in the Brewers' house is haunted by the ghost of Ben Brewer.
- Karen has to wear earplugs when she goes swimming. She likes to help out in the kitchen.
- She loves to make up games. She likes to play Let's All Come In and her favorite character in the game is Mrs. Mysterious (who dresses in black). Karen's favorite game is Going Camping.
- Karen attended Camp Mohawk one summer and even attended a circus camp with her friends.
- Karen can sometimes be bossy and loves to be the leader.
Karen is described as having blonde hair, blue eyes, freckles and wears glasses (she has blue glasses for reading & pink glasses for everything else).
Karen is fearless with a wild imagination which can sometimes get out of hand.
- Karen's two best friends are Hannie Papadakis and Nancy Dawes. The three of them call themselves the "Three Musketeers."
- Karen met Hannie on her first day of preschool and she met Nancy after her parents' divorce & she moved into the "little house" with her mother & brother.
- She used to be friends with Amanda Delaney until the Delaney family moved away to another neighborhood.
- After the Kormans moved into the Delaney's old house, Karen becomes close friends with Melody Korman. She is also friends with Shannon Kilbourne's younger sister Maria Kilbourne and Mallory Pike's sister Margo Pike.
- Karen has a pretend husband named Ricky Torres who sits next to her in class because he also wears glasses.
- Karen has a pen pal named Maxie Medvin who lives in New York City. She is also pen pals with Ms. Coleman's niece Caroline who lives in Oregon.
Karen has pets who live in the "big house" and the "little house."
- Karen has a rat named Emily Junior who travels with her between her two houses.
- Karen found a cat named Growly in her shed & adopted it.
- In the "big house," her dad had a cat named Boo-Boo who later passed away and the family got a kitten named Pumpkin.
- Her stepbrother David Michael has a Bernese mountain dog puppy named Shannon.
- She and Andrew have goldfishes named Crystal Light the Second and Goldfishie that live in a tank in the playroom at Watson's house.
- Karen used to have a goldfish named Crystal Light, but it passed away while she was at her mom's house.
- Watson adopted a pony named Blueberry for Karen after visiting an estate sale.
- Karen has two stuffed cats named Moosie and Goosie (who look exactly the same). Goosie stays at the "little house" and Moosie stays at the "big house."
- After Seth accepted a job in Chicago, Goosie moves with Karen to her stepdad's house.
- She has a blanket named Tickly that she ripped in half to keep one piece at her mother and father's house.
Karen has been the hospital twice: when she broke her wrist while roller-skating and when she got her spleen removed after falling from her tree house.
She also had the chicken pox.
- Kristy Thomas
- Mr. Ed TV show
- cherry Italian ice
- Nancy Dawes
- being the leader
- Hannie Papadakis
- The Three Musketeers
- Ms. Coleman
- The Wizard of Oz movie
- Being grounded
- being punished
- house rules
- her favorite jeans being missing (left at Mommy's house)
- having a punk hairstyle
- her favorite TV show Mr. Ed not being on
- having the chicken pox
- being bored
- getting into fights